Focus of work
- Research and innovation in context of demographic change
- Care innovations and care technologies
- Medical technologies and Ambient Assisted Living (AAL)
- Digitisation of neighborhood and welfare
- Knowledge transfer and civil dialogue
Christine Weiß studied mechanical engineering, specialising in biomedical engineering, at the Technical University of Berlin. She finished her studies in 1995 with a diploma and concluded a six-months internship at Siemens Medical Systems in the USA. She gathered additional industrial experienc as a research engineer at B. Braun Melsungen AG for five years. Since 2000, Christine Weiß is working for VDI/VDE-IT as a senior manager. Currently, she is deputy head of the demographic chance and futures studies department and takes care of the implementation of national activities within the federal research agenda "The new future of old age".